Knipex Twistor16 Self-Adjusting Crimping Pliers
Three years ago, when I began working at the company that employs me, I was tasked with improving the uptime of a problematic import assembly machine work. This machine was poorly assembled, designed, and wired. It was a nightmare, and I constantly rewired connections, replaced sensors, and performed other assorted electrical tasks.
Initially, I bought a kit containing 1200 ferrules and a crimper that looked like a knockoff of the Knipex 97-53-04 Self-Adjusting Square Crimping Pliers. The crimper reviews were good; unfortunately, my experience didn’t match the other reviewer’s. Tired of failed crimps, I ordered broke down and ordered an authentic Knipex 97-53-04 Self-Adjusting Square Ferrule Crimper. The Knipex performed flawlessly. The story doesn’t end here.
This machine I was working on had me working on my back, sides, hands, and knees, and worst of all, I needed to be a contortionist to get inside tricky places. I found myself wanting a ferrule crimper that could work at any angle. That crimper is the Knipex Twistor16 Self-Adjusting Crimping Pliers 97 53 18.
The Knipex Twistor16 Self-Adjusting Crimping Pliers are the only ferrule crimpers I need. While the crimping head can be positioned for 360 degrees, I use the front and side position most. The crimper is robust and repeatable; every crimp is perfect, and I have had no loose crimps. The Knipex Twistor16 crimper worked great with cheap Chinese ferrules that shipped with my original knock-off ferrule crimper.
The Knipex Twistor16 has found a permanent place in my toolbox, while the previous Knipex ferrule crimper has been passed on to my best technician. Everybody wins.
Note: The Knipex Twistor16 Self-Adjusting Crimping Pliers typically cost about $235. That’s the standard price, and I’ve seen them listed much cheaper on Amazon. Be wary of used or factory seconds. If you purchase from a low-cost seller, be sure to check their return policy. I bought mine from KC Tool because I like to support the little guy. If you want to take the easy path at Amazon, check out the KC Tool Amazon Store.
Available at KC Tool or Amazon.
KNIPEX 97 53 18 Twistor16, Self-Adjusting Crimping Pliers for Wire Ferrules
The crimp head can be rotated 360°, with 8 locking positions. Square crimp profile, high capacity range from 0.14 to 16 mm². Wire ferrules can be crimped from almost any working position. Crimping pliers adjust automatically to different cross-sections. Crimp opening accessible from both sides, extra-long wire ferrules can be fed in. Crimping of Twin wire ferrules up to 2 x 6 mm² possible. Repetitive, high crimping quality due to ratchet mechanism (unlockable). Light and handy tool, manual force reinforced by a toggle lever mechanism.
- For crimping end sleeves (ferrules) – according to DIN 46228, parts 1 + 4
- Square crimp profile, a high capacity range of 0.14 to 16 mm
- 360-degree rotatable crimping die; with 8 tactile locking positions
- Self-adjustment to the desired size of the end sleeve (ferrule): no crimping errors due to using the wrong crimping die or incorrect settings
- Crimping of twin end sleeves (ferrules) up to 2 x 6 mm possible
- Slim head for ideal accessibility
- Repetitive, high crimping quality due to integral lock (self-releasing mechanism)
- Favorable lever ratio due to toggle lever
- Crimping pressure has been set precisely (calibrated) in the factory (re-adjustable)
- Optimized shape and low weight provide high operation comfort
- Chrome vanadium electric steel in special quality, oil-hardened