Knipex Twistor16 Self-Adjusting Crimping Pliers
Three years ago, when I began working at the company that employs me, I was tasked with improving the uptime of a problematic import assembly machine work. This machine was poorly assembled, designed, and wired. It was a nightmare, and I constantly rewired connections, replaced sensors, and performed other assorted electrical tasks.
Initially, I bought a kit containing 1200 ferrules and a crimper that looked like a knockoff of the Knipex 97-53-04 Self-Adjusting Square Crimping Pliers. The crimper reviews were good; unfortunately, my experience didn’t match the other reviewer’s. Tired of failed crimps, I ordered broke down and ordered an authentic Knipex 97-53-04 Self-Adjusting Square Ferrule Crimper. The Knipex performed flawlessly. The story doesn’t end here.
This machine I was working on had me working on my back, sides, hands, and knees, and worst of all, I needed to be a contortionist to get inside tricky places. I found myself wanting a ferrule crimper that could work at any angle. That crimper is the Knipex Twistor16 Self-Adjusting Crimping Pliers 97 53 18.
The Knipex Twistor16 Self-Adjusting Crimping Pliers are the only ferrule crimpers I need. While the crimping head can be positioned for 360 degrees, I use the front and side position most. The crimper is robust and repeatable; every crimp is perfect, and I have had no loose crimps. The Knipex Twistor16 crimper worked great with cheap Chinese ferrules that shipped with my original knock-off ferrule crimper.
Note: The Knipex Twistor16 Self-Adjusting Crimping Pliers typically cost about $235. That’s the standard price, and I’ve seen them listed much cheaper on Amazon. Be wary of used or factory seconds. If you purchase from a low-cost seller, be sure to check their return policy. I bought mine from KC Tool because I like to support the little guy. If you want to take the easy path at Amazon, check out the KC Tool Amazon Store.
KNIPEX 97 53 18 Twistor16, Self-Adjusting Crimping Pliers for Wire Ferrules
The crimp head can be rotated 360°, with 8 locking positions. Square crimp profile, high capacity range from 0.14 to 16 mm². Wire ferrules can be crimped from almost any working position. Crimping pliers adjust automatically to different cross-sections. Crimp opening accessible from both sides, extra-long wire ferrules can be fed in. Crimping of Twin wire ferrules up to 2 x 6 mm² possible. Repetitive, high crimping quality due to ratchet mechanism (unlockable). Light and handy tool, manual force reinforced by a toggle lever mechanism.
- For crimping end sleeves (ferrules) – according to DIN 46228, parts 1 + 4
- Square crimp profile, a high capacity range of 0.14 to 16 mm
- 360-degree rotatable crimping die; with 8 tactile locking positions
- Self-adjustment to the desired size of the end sleeve (ferrule): no crimping errors due to using the wrong crimping die or incorrect settings
- Crimping of twin end sleeves (ferrules) up to 2 x 6 mm possible
- Slim head for ideal accessibility
- Repetitive, high crimping quality due to integral lock (self-releasing mechanism)
- Favorable lever ratio due to toggle lever
- Crimping pressure has been set precisely (calibrated) in the factory (re-adjustable)
- Optimized shape and low weight provide high operation comfort
- Chrome vanadium electric steel in special quality, oil-hardened