Industrial Maintenance Books
At a time where everything moves at a digital speed, and people have short attention spans, I still enjoy reading books. I read paperback and hardcover books in bed, I read kindle books on my iPhone, iPad, and Windows computers.
It’s somewhat funny that other than the occasional Dean Koontz novel, most of my reading is geek or technical oriented. I am also a lifelong learner and believe no matter how skilled you are at something, you can’t know everything, and there’s always something to learn.
Additionally, despite a plethora of YouTube videos and informational websites, I have found the subject of Industrial Maintenance and related information lacking. As a result, I have found that I have amassed a small collection of Industrial Maintenance reference books over the past several years that I would be lost without, which brings us to the subject of this page Industrial Maintenance Books.
Below is a collection of Industrial Maintenance Reference Books I consider recommended reading if their content is relevant to your needs. The “Read More” link will deliver you detailed specifics on the book title.
Maintenance Management Reference Books and PDF Downloads
Maintenance Planning and Scheduling Handbook, 4th Edition
The industry-standard resource for maintenance planning and scheduling—thoroughly revised for the latest advances
Written by a Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) with more than three decades of experience, this resource provides proven planning and scheduling strategies that will take any maintenance organization to the next level of performance. The book resolves common industry frustration with the planning and reduces the complexity of scheduling in addition to dealing with reactive maintenance.
Handbook of Maintenance Management 2nd Edition, Kindle Edition
The field of maintenance is hard to approach because the language is strange. Now in its second edition and written by a highly acclaimed maintenance professional, this comprehensive and very user-friendly resource introduces the fundamentals of maintenance. It allows the outsider to understand the jargon. This revision of a classic has been thoroughly updated to include advances in technology and is sure to be found useful by maintenance professionals everywhere.
- Offers a complete survey of the field, an introduction to maintenance, and a review of maintenance management.
- Provides a manual for cost reduction and a primer for the stockroom.
- Includes a training regime for new supervisors, managers, and planners.
Handbook of Maintenance Management 2nd Edition: If you buy only one book on Maintenance Management, this is the one to get.
Maintenance – Roadmap to Reliability: Sequel to World Class Maintenance Management – The 12 Disciplines
Book 2 of 9
Problems and Solutions on MRO Spare Parts and Storeroom: 6th Discipline on World Class Maintenance, The 12 Disciplines
Book 5 of 9
- This book is written for industries with problems and searching for solutions to their MRO Spare Parts and Storeroom problems. MRO Spare Parts and Storeroom Management is some of the most neglected maintenance strategies in any maintenance optimization and strategies, which should not be the case. Others say that this is the missing link to any reliability and maintenance improvement. Almost every type of industry, whether from manufacturing, processing, pharmaceutical, power plants, mining, construction, aviation, oil, and gas, has a storeroom in place to keep their spare parts. There are two main goals of MRO Spare Parts and Storeroom, which are quite conflicting. This is to balance the cost of spares inventory and provide all the parts and supplies needed to keep the plant operating. It may sound conflicting or contradicting, but thinking about this thoroughly, it is really not conflicting if the MRO Storeroom is well managed. The role of maintenance is to make the equipment available. If the equipment fails and the part is not available in the storeroom, it becomes idle, and operation is halt.
- This book starts with a survey on the different problems common to industries on their MRO Spare Parts and Storeroom. As you read each chapter, it will provide the reader with a clear understanding of dealing with each of these problems. On the contrary, we cannot simply stock every single part of every piece of equipment we have in the plant if your industry still wants to remain in business.
- The storeroom items can range from 1,000 for a small-scale industry to more than 200,000 parts or even more for large-scale industry. All industries have a place to store and keep spares for their equipment, which is needed for repairs, and Preventive Maintenance activities, but not all industries have knowledge on how to manage their storeroom and spare parts. MRO storeroom and spare parts are some of the strategies where maintenance can truly save costs big time. In other industries, MRO Spare Parts’ problems are chronic and may have existed for decades. If industries are serious about improving their storeroom and finding the correct solutions on their MRO Spare Parts and storeroom, this book is a must-read not only for storekeepers but also for maintenance, purchasing, finance, and especially the c-level people to find out what they’re missing. Here are some of the highlights included in this book.
- Provide a decision-making process on whether to stock or not to stock parts through an MRO Decision Diagram or Algorithm
- What can we do about squirrel stores and how to eliminate them permanently?
- Learn the basic “Golden Law” on MRO Spare Parts Management
- Learn several options on what to do for obsolete parts inside the storeroom.
- Learn one option on what to do with non-moving parts
- Learn why not all critical parts need to be stuck in the storeroom.
- Learn several factors to consider before making a decision on whether to stock or not to stock parts in the storeroom
- Learn a much better way of determining the minimum quantity to be stored besides min-max and EOQ calculation.
- Provide the reader with a step by step roadmap on how to finally improve their MRO Storeroom
- Understand who are the best people or function to handle the maintenance storeroom and why
- Learn that one of the storekeeper’s most important functions is to maintain and care for the spare parts.
- Understand why improving the storeroom should be done inside and outside the storeroom.
- And many more.
99.99% of all the problems on MRO Spare Parts and storerooms are man-made, and they may come from different departments or functions of the organization. If man created the problem, then let the man find the solution to their problems on MRO Spare parts and storeroom.
To Be Continued
User Review( votes)