IFM Sensor Testpak
Earlier posts mentioned that my team and I frequently use the Turk TB3-CP80 Sensor Test Box and Banner DBQ5 Proximity Sensor Tester Demo Box sensor testers. Both units work well and suit our needs. That said, some minor changes or improvements should be standard for all sensor testers, and to that end, I present the IFM E18430 Sensor Testpak sensor tester.
What separates the IFM E18430 Sensor Testpak from the previously mentioned offerings from Turck and Banner? Keep reading.
- Color-Coded Pushbutton Connectors: The color-coded buttons to attach the sensor wires match the standard wire colors on 3 and 4-wire sensors. Brown (+), Black (Input), Blue (-), and White (Teach).
- Teach Function: Some sensors use a fourth white wire to access the sensors teach mode.
- Built-In Magnet: A built-in magnet to actuate magnetic sensors
- Built-In Reflector: A built-in reflector helps test retro-reflective photoelectric sensors.
- Built-In Induction Target: A built-in induction target helps test inductive proximity sensors. Inductive proximity sensors actuate on metal.
- Programmable Buzzer: The IFM E18430 Sensor Testpak can be user-programmed to buzz on PNP or NPN sensors, or the buzzer can be disabled.
The details above seem insignificant, but these small details make the sensor tester easier to use while being more versatile than other sensor testers.
I have purchased an IFM E18430 Sensor Testpak for my newest hire, a senior maintenance technician. See what else is in his toolbox.
IFM E18430 Sensor Testpak Description
The IFM E18430 Sensor Testpak is a versatile test tool that works with most 24V DC sensors. It’s a valuable accessory for fault-testing 2, 3, and 4-wire sensors. The Sensor Testpak, for programmable sensors, includes a “Teach” input.
The Testpak has an input voltage of 4.5V DC and an output voltage of 18V DC. The total output current is 0.04A. It operates under ambient temperatures ranging from -20 °C to 40°C. The device is designed to withstand these conditions with a protection rating of IP 21.
The E18430 Sensor Testpak has a Mean Time To Failure (MTTF) of 341 years, indicating its durability and reliability. It weighs 393.3g and has dimensions of 141mm x 82mm x 34mm. The materials used in its construction include ABS and silicone.
The Testpak features a green display for voltage supply and a yellow display for switching status. It also has membrane keys for ON/OFF and “Teach” functions. The device requires 3 x AA / 1.5V batteries to operate.
Four quick-press terminals facilitate the electrical connection of the Testpak.
In summary, the IFM E18430 Sensor Testpak is a robust and reliable tool designed for testing a wide range of sensors. Its technical specifications, operating conditions, mechanical data, and classification codes demonstrate its versatility and durability.
For more detailed information, refer to the technical data, mounting and installation instructions, CAD drawings, and compatible accessories provided by the manufacturer.
In summary, the IFM E18430 Sensor Testpak is a robust and reliable tool designed for testing a wide range of sensors. Its technical specifications, operating conditions, mechanical data, and classification codes attest to its versatility and durability.
IFM E18430 Sensor Testpak Sensor Tester Operating Instructions