Pomona Magnetic Test Probes with 4mm Safety Jack Right-Angle
I was browsing the DMM Accessories on the Fluke website, and I noticed a test probe style that I longed dreamed of but never knew existed. That probe is the Fluke MP1 Magnetic Test Probe. As the name implies, the MP1 has a magnetic tip instead of the typical point or clamp.
What’s the big deal, you ask? As a guy who spends a lot of time troubleshooting industrial electrical control panels, I often find myself battling to keep my test leads on terminals. It can be a pain in the butt to hold the probes in place while trying to multi-task. Typically I can find the sweet spot to balance the probes to have one or both fall out later. The appeal of Magnetic Test Probes is the magnetic tip secures the probe to terminal block screw faces.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find the Fluke test probes in stock. Somewhat disappointed, I searched for Fluke alternatives, and I found the Pomona MP1 Magnetic Test Probes. Fluke owns Pomona, and it’s a reasonable assumption the Pomona MP1 and Fluke MP1 magnetic test probes are the same. To the best of my knowledge, other Fluke and Pomona Test Leads are EXACTLY THE SAME.
I ordered my Pomona Magnetic Test Probes from Amazon marketplace seller Motor Diagnostics Systems. I haven’t had a chance to try the probes yet, but I will report back with a mini-review after a few weeks of use.
Pomona Magnetic Test Probe MP1 and Fluke MP1 Review
Pomona Magnetic Test Probes Feature:
- Ideal for temporary connections to terminal blocks with metal screws
- Quick connect and disconnect with magnetic probe head
- Insulated 4mm safety banana jack for attachment to sheathed test leads
- Magnetic probe head diameter of 6.6mm (0.260”)
- Compatible with popular Pomona test lead models 5907A, 5908A, and 5909A test lead sets
- Conductor: Nickel-plated Brass and Magnetic Material
- Insulation: Polypropylene
- Voltage: CAT II 1000V / CAT III 1000V / CAT IV 600V
- Current: 4 amperes
- Operating Temperature: +5°C to +40°C (+41°F to 104°F)
Pomona Magnetic Test Probes Ordering Information
- 73106-0 Right Angle Magnetic Probe – Black
- 73106-2 Right Angle Magnetic Probe – Red
- 73106-2 Right Angle Magnetic Probe – Blue
User Review( votes)