Handbook of Maintenance Management 2nd Edition, Kindle Edition
Scrolling through the chapters listed below explains this book better than I could hope to. I will say not only is Handbook of Maintenance Management a must-read for maintenance managers, but it should also be required reading for Plant Managers, Directors of Operations, Vice Presidents of Manufacturing, or any other leadership role that affects maintenance.
I would also add I own the Kindle version as well as the paperback copy. The Kindle is great for copying and printing key text. Kindle also allows you to add notes and bookmarks.
I purchased my copies of The Handbook of Maintenance Management from Amazon.
Handbook of Maintenance Management 2nd Edition – In its second edition and written by a highly acclaimed maintenance professional, this comprehensive and easy-to-understand resource provides a short review of all the major discussions in the management of the maintenance function.
This revision of a classic has been thoroughly updated to include advances in technology and thinking and is sure to be found useful by maintenance professionals everywhere. It’s the perfect reference for any maintenance professional that needs a quick update on any specific area within the subject.
- Contains five entirely new chapters, including Dealing with Contracts, 5S, Lean Maintenance, PM Optimizing, and Fire Fighting.
- Offers a complete survey of the field, an introduction to maintenance, and a review of maintenance management.
- Provides a manual for cost reduction and a primer for the stockroom.
- Includes a training regime for new supervisors, managers, and planners.
Table of Contents
Why Manage Maintenance
- Patterns in Maintenance
- Where’s the Money? Proving Your Case to Management
- How Assets Deteriorate
- Estimating Maintenance Budgets for Buildings and Equipment
- Evaluating Maintenance
- Maintenance Metrics, KPIs and Benchmarks
- Evaluating Worker Productivity
- Budgeting Maintenance
- Life Cycle Costing
- The Science of Customer Service
- Reengineering Maintenance
- Dealing with Contracts
- In-Sourcing and TPM
- Guaranteed Maintainability
- Maintenance Quality Improvement
- ISO 900X and Maintenance
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean Maintenance
- RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance)
- PM Optimization
- Accounting Issues of Maintenance and Activity-Based Costing
- Maintenance Information Flow
- Capturing Maintenance Information
- Fire Fighting
- PM (Preventive Maintenance)
- How to Install a PM System
- PM Task List Development
- PdM (Predictive Maintenance)
Support for Maintenance Strategies
- Preplanning: Projects That Put You in the Driver’s Seat
- Using Statistics in Maintenance
- Project Management
- Estimating Job Duration and Work Standards
- Maintenance Scheduling
- CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems)
- Maintenance Parts and Supplies
- Maintenance Vendors
- Maintenance Stock Room and Inventory Control
- The Internet and Maintenance
- How Maintenance Interfaces with Other Departments
- Elements of Maintenance Leadership
- Craft Training
Special Conditions, Challenges, and Strengths
- Special Issues of Factory Maintenance
- Special Issues of Fleet Maintenance
- Special Issues of Building Maintenance
- Special Issues of Field Service
From the Back Cover
The field of maintenance is hard to approach because the language is strange. In its second edition and written by a highly acclaimed maintenance professional, this comprehensive and very user-friendly resource introduces the fundamentals of maintenance. It allows the outsider to understand the jargon. This revision of a classic has been thoroughly updated to include advances in technology and is sure to be found useful by maintenance professionals everywhere.FEATURES
Handbook of Maintenance Management 2nd Edition offers a complete survey of the field, an introduction to maintenance, and a review of maintenance management. Provides a manual for cost reduction and a primer for the stockroom. Includes a training regime for new supervisors, managers, and planners.
About the Author:
Joel Levitt is known worldwide as a leading educator in maintenance management. He has trained more than 17,000 maintenance professionals from thousands of organizations in 25 countries. He has more than 40 years of experience in many facets of maintenance. Since 1980, he has been president of Springfield Resources, a management/consulting firm servicing clients on a wide range of maintenance issues.
Levitt is a frequent speaker at maintenance and engineering conferences, has published dozens of articles on the subject, as well as several successful books, including The Complete Guide to Preventive and Predictive Maintenance; The Handbook of Maintenance Management; Lean Maintenance; Managing Factory Maintenance: and Managing Maintenance Shutdowns and Outages.
- Pub. Date:04/15/2009
- Publisher: Industrial Press, Inc.
See additional Industrial Maintenance Book titles