If the Knipex NexStrip lives up to my expectations, it looks like a promising addition to my team’s toolbox. I look forward to it becoming available.
When will the Knipex NexStrip be available in the USA?
September 8, 2022: I spoke with Knipex USA, and they informed me that the Knipex NexStrip should be available in the USA by the end of 2022. They also went out of their way to mention that the NexStrip is for stripping single conductors and not for stripping THHN-type conductors.
KNIPEX NexStrip 12 72 190 3-in-1 Combination Wire Stripper, Wire Cutter, and Ferrule Crimper
- Perfect crimping: fast and even square crimping for individual wire ferrules, the ratchet crimping mechanism guarantees the required crimping pressure
- Precise stripping: automatically adapts to the respective cable diameter and ensures consistent stripping lengths with the adjustable length stop, especially with repetitive work
- Multi-component grips ensure non-slip, comfortable handling
- Quick, precise square crimp of single wire ferrules according to DIN 46228 parts 1+4, self-adjusts for sizes 0.25 – 4 mm² / 2 x 2.5 mm² – allows for quick crimping between different sizes
- Repetitive, high crimping quality due to ratcheting mechanism with a complete crimping cycle
- Stripping with fine adjustment – for optimal adjustment to special materials or temperature conditions for flexible and solid conductors between 0.03 and 10 mm² (AWG 32-8)
- Cleanly cuts conductors up to 10 mm² (AWG 8)
- High-quality housing made of glass fiber reinforced plastic
- For the electrical trade: for domestic installations and wiring of electrical devices, such as PLC (programmable logic controller)
- Wire stripper with three functions: stripping wire up to 10 mm², crimping capacity of 4 mm² or 2 x 2.5 mm², and cutting capacity of 10 mm²