Wiha 8 Piece Insulated PicoFinish Screwdriver Set 32088
My first exposure to Wiha tools started long ago with a set of Wiha 7 precision slotted/Philips screwdrivers that appear to be SKU #26197, or at least that’s the current product equivalent. I believe I bought them from Allied Electronics back in the day. That precision screwdriver set remained a staple in my toolbox for years until someone permanently borrowed them in 2019. Naturally, I was disappointed that someone would take my prized screwdrivers. Undeterred, I decided to turn the loss of my screwdrivers into an opportunity to upgrade to the Wiha 8 Piece Insulated PicoFinish Screwdriver Set 32088.
The Wiha 8 Piece Insulated PicoFinish Precision Screwdriver Set is functionally similar to the 7-piece set mentioned above, except the screwdrivers are insulated for 1000vac, colored appropriately, and contain one additional driver.
Review: Wiha 8 Piece Insulated PicoFinish SL/PH Set 32088
February 2020, I accepted a position managing the maintenance department at a medium-sized manufacturing company in Connecticut. I basically accepted the job without knowing what I was fully getting into. On day one, I showed up with my Fluke model 187 DMM, Wiha 7 Piece Insulated SoftFinish Screwdriver Set 1000-Volt VDE Set 32099, Proto J704L Clik-Stop Adjustable Wrench 4″, and of course the Wiha 8 Piece Insulated PicoFinish Screwdriver Set 32088.
I was excited to learn of the Wiha 32088 insulated precision screwdriver set. Previously, I used my existing Wiha precision screwdriver set #26197 wrapped with Scotch 33+ electric tape as an improvised version of insulated precision screwdrivers for many years.
Insulation aside, these screwdrivers are perfect for my intended use. The slotted and Philips tips fit the appropriate corresponding screws with perfection. The screwdrivers bite well and hold their grip securely. I find the shank lengths about right for most applications. The fingertip rotation cap is a feature I can’t live without. I will admit to occasionally holding it in my teeth. The materials are as tough as the construction. I have yet to bend or break a tip or shank. I look in my team’s toolboxes, and I can’t say I see the same quality in their Kobalt, Craftsmen, Harbor Freight, or any of the junk knockoffs on Amazon. These are professional quality tools and priced accordingly.
In my thirteen months at this position, the Wiha 8 Piece Insulated PicoFinish Precision Screwdriver Set 32088 has become the most used tool in my toolbox. I think it’s safe to say these screwdrivers see use every workday by myself or my best friend and work buddy Karan.
Some of the places I use the Wiha 8 Piece Insulated PicoFinish Screwdriver Set 32088 at work:
- Air cylinder flow control adjustments
- Adjusting Festo, Sick, Balluff, and SMC cylinder position sensors
- Terminal blocks on Allen Bradley and Automation Direct PLC’s, VFD’s, DC drives, Watlow temperature controls, Nordson hot melt glue stations, and general electrical enclosures
- Machine and electronic controls adjustments
From the Manufacturer:
Wiha 8 Piece Insulated PicoFinish SL/PH Screwdriver Set includes:
- Insulated Picofinish Precision Slotted Screwdriver: 1.5 x 45mm
- Insulated Picofinish Precision Slotted Screwdriver: 2.0 x 45mm
- Insulated Picofinish Precision Slotted Screwdriver: 2.5 x 60mm
- Insulated Picofinish Precision Slotted Screwdriver: 3.0 x 60mm
- Insulated Picofinish Precision Slotted Screwdriver: 3.5 x 60mm
- Insulated Picofinish Precision Phillips Screwdriver: #00 x 45mm
- Insulated Picofinish Precision Phillips Screwdriver: #0 x 60mm
- Insulated Picofinish Precision Phillips Screwdriver: #1 x 60mm
Wiha 8 Piece Insulated PicoFinish Screwdriver Set 32088 Features:
- Precision Pico Insulated Screwdrivers 1000 Volt AC, VDE & GS Tested
- Each Tool is individually tested to 10,000 volts for insulation integrity.
- Handle & Insulation Molded On for maximum durability.
- Exact Fit Precision Machined Tips.
- Wiha Special Tool Steel Blades, hardened & tempered
- Pico Two-component Soft Grip Handles
- Finger Tip Control Caps For Precise Turning
Visit Wiha Tools